- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information; and
- How you can access your information and correct any inaccuracies in the information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
Except for our collection of cookies, which is discussed below, we only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us, or:
- To provide you with products and services, such as counselling and family therapy services.
- To manage your files with us, including for billing purposes.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you, or your consent.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Withdraw your consent to our use of your data, for any purpose, and have us delete any personal database information we have about you. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. This includes reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information you transmit to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
August 12, 2020